Online Dating Delights – Seeing your ex boyfriend on Match.com

6 May

Sometimes Match.com finds you match, who according to them is “Singled Out Just For You!” They highlight the profile on a special full page spread so you’re certain to take notice.

The other morning, Match.com “Singled Out” my ex Sam just for me. Thanks Match.com. Seriously, is there anything worse than seeing a recent ex on an online dating site? As if the Cleveland dating profiles I’m forced to dredge through aren’t upsetting enough!

I’m not going to lie – when he sprung up and filled my screen, my stomach plunged. His profile picture (which doesn’t illustrate the fact that he is severely balding at an alarming rate) was not what I expected to see as I innocuously sipped my morning coffee. I felt like throwing up.

Even better, Match.com won’t allow users to block a match from the “Singled Out” page. I was forced to search for his profile AGAIN to permanently remove him from potential matches. You know, because that was exactly how I wanted to spend a quiet Saturday morning.

Watch out Cleveland women – this deceitful two-faced Cleveland single man is on the prowl once more. dating a liar

7 Responses to “Online Dating Delights – Seeing your ex boyfriend on Match.com”

1. daterofboys May 7, 2012 at 7:24 pm #

There should be an online registry for bad boyfriends…so that other girls don’t have to experience the same.

• Summer May 8, 2012 at 11:07 am #

Apparently they do: http://exrated.co/index.php
      My problem with that is if a woman feels at all slighted or the guy “just wasn’t into them” – a psychopath girl could easily make up a bunch of lies to retaliate. And vice versa.

• daterofboys May 8, 2012 at 11:13 am #

Very true…

2. snarkatussin May 8, 2012 at 10:39 pm #

Match.com strikes again! I’m sorry that you had to see his face on there — I know that I would be less than pleased if I came across my ex. In fact, I block everyone after the first bad date so that I am not reminded. Laugh at the fact that his picture is outdated and he’s still a loser.

3. bunny July 3, 2012 at 8:17 am #

This totally just happened to me! I actually found your blog after googling “block your ex on match.” Sigh. Thanks universe. My only comfort is that his pictures make him look like he has a parsnip where his face should be. :-)

• Summer August 8, 2012 at 1:11 am #

They really need to devise a better way to block an ex. I can think of much better ways to spend a weekend morning than combing through 100 pages of match.com profiles just so I can permanently block my ex’s profile. Get your shit together match.com

• Laura April 23, 2013 at 10:48 pm #

Same thing happened to me recently. I dated a guy for a year and a half and it was pretty serious..talks of marriage etc. There was some major issues though and he was very much a hypocrit and we broke up in January. Its been a few months and I was curious, thinking I could at this point handle it if I saw hime online. I was wrong, I felt sick, hurt, broken hearted all over again. The part that burned me the most… was that he acted like he hadnt dated anyone since his divorce. I mean he tucked my kids in every night, talked to me like we where going to be a family, what a piece of crap. I’m not bitter… ;-) ok maybe a little but working on my forgiveness and my hurt. I will never use match.com again though. There are plenty of other websites to try.